Taking a snapshot of your desktop can be useful in many different ways. It is a great feature for troubleshooting computer problems because you can send in a picture of your screen to Microsoft. It is also a great way to quickly save a favorite picture from a website that cannot be saved any other way. You can follow a few easy steps to take a full desktop snapshot of your computer screen.
- Hold down the "Alt" button and press the "PrtSc" button on your keyboard. This will take a hidden snapshot of your desktop. On a laptop, you may have to hold down the "Fn" key and press "PrtSc."
- Click on the "Start" button on your taskbar.
- Click on "All Programs," then click on "Accessories."
- Click on "Paint" to open the Paint program.
- Hold down the "Ctrl" button and press the "V" button on your keyboard. This will paste the snapshot of your desktop in Paint.
- Click on "File" near the top left corner of the Paint program. Scroll down to "Save As." This will open the Save As window. Title the image and click "OK."